Truck Driver: Construction Zone
Need a steady job driving in Michigan? We are looking for dependable drivers to safely haul construction materials to/from jobsites. Company provides well-maintained Leads, Gravel Trains and Flowboys.
M&M Excavating is seeking safety-minded truck drivers to fill immediate openings.
- Valid CDL driver’s license with favorable driving record
- Current Medical Card
- Experience loading/dumping in construction zones required
- Gravel train, doubles, flowboy and/or lowboy experience desired
- Lead experience accepted with opportunity for advanced training
Job Duties / Requirements:
- Work on construction projects throughout Michigan, which may require travel.
- Safely perform all driving functions including loading, dumping and backing-up.
- Record and electronically submit daily truck tickets and timecards.
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic troubleshooting and minor repairs.
- Drive with awareness, courtesy and safety consciousness.
- Strong willingness to work in a cohesive team environment.
- Subject to drug screening and random testing.
- Position offers competitive wages, per diem and benefits.
Are you well-organized? Detail-oriented and looking for a challenge? Are you ready to step into a well-established family business & grow with the next generation? You might be just the person we need to develop our team…
M&M Excavating is searching for a Payroll/HR Specialist with a strong desire for personal & professional development, along with the opportunity to develop teammates. This position offers competitive wages, benefits, and opportunities for future growth within the company.
- High school diploma or GED required (Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience in accurate payroll processing required
- Familiarity with construction/union payroll desired
- Strong Computer, Communication & Organizational Skills – strict attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of construction administration and a willingness to learn
- Work ethic focused on confidentiality & loyalty
Job Duties / Requirements:
- Capacity to quickly learn & master Foundation Software: construction accounting & project management.
- Weekly payroll processing: employee data entry, verification, computation & reporting.
- Process payroll in accordance with federal/state/corporate/union guidelines with timely payment & reporting.
- Create & maintain employee records: tax forms, I-9s, PTO tracking, etc.
- Specialty payroll skills: union wages, fringe benefits & reporting.
- Specialty payroll skills: MDOT prevailing wage reporting.
- Assist in Human Resources tasks: recruiting & retaining quality workforce – including training & development.
- Assist in employee benefits management: PTO, health insurance, retirement, etc.
- Assist in audits/reporting: Union & MDOT audits, USDOL, MDOT OJT Program etc.
- Assist with Employee Handbook policies, procedures, compliance & reporting – including MIOSHA, EEO, Workers’ Compensation.
- Strong willingness to be a Team Player & work in a cohesive Team environment with both office & field staff.
We’re looking for
START YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS TODAY
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
M&M is phenomenal. M&M highly respects their employees and helps them understand why we do what we do.
Every day there’s a new and rewarding challenge that keeps you at the top of your game.
M&M really invests in their employees who work hard and want to improve themselves.
M&M is a family business that provides plenty of training and advancement opportunity.
We all work hard to get the job done fast and get it done correctly. My experience has been amazing.
M&M is truly amazing. They listen to your opinion and encourage you to be better.