Truck Driver: Construction Zone
Need a steady job driving in Michigan? We are looking for dependable drivers to safely haul construction materials to/from jobsites. Company provides well-maintained Leads, Gravel Trains and Flowboys.
M&M Excavating is seeking safety-minded truck drivers to fill immediate openings.
- Valid CDL driver’s license with favorable driving record
- Current Medical Card
- Experience loading/dumping in construction zones required
- Gravel train, doubles, flowboy and/or lowboy experience desired
- Lead experience accepted with opportunity for advanced training
Job Duties / Requirements:
- Work on construction projects throughout Michigan, which may require travel.
- Safely perform all driving functions including loading, dumping and backing-up.
- Record and electronically submit daily truck tickets and timecards.
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic troubleshooting and minor repairs.
- Drive with awareness, courtesy and safety consciousness.
- Strong willingness to work in a cohesive team environment.
- Subject to drug screening and random testing.
- Position offers competitive wages, per diem and benefits.
Are you well-organized? Detail-oriented and looking for a challenge? Are you ready to step into a well-established family business & grow with the next generation? You might be just the person we need to develop our team…
M&M Excavating is searching for a Payroll/HR Specialist with a strong desire for personal & professional development, along with the opportunity to develop teammates. This position offers competitive wages, benefits, and opportunities for future growth within the company.
- High school diploma or GED required (Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience in accurate payroll processing required
- Familiarity with construction/union payroll desired
- Strong Computer, Communication & Organizational Skills – strict attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of construction administration and a willingness to learn
- Work ethic focused on confidentiality & loyalty
Job Duties / Requirements:
- Capacity to quickly learn & master Foundation Software: construction accounting & project management.
- Weekly payroll processing: employee data entry, verification, computation & reporting.
- Process payroll in accordance with federal/state/corporate/union guidelines with timely payment & reporting.
- Create & maintain employee records: tax forms, I-9s, PTO tracking, etc.
- Specialty payroll skills: union wages, fringe benefits & reporting.
- Specialty payroll skills: MDOT prevailing wage reporting.
- Assist in Human Resources tasks: recruiting & retaining quality workforce – including training & development.
- Assist in employee benefits management: PTO, health insurance, retirement, etc.
- Assist in audits/reporting: Union & MDOT audits, USDOL, MDOT OJT Program etc.
- Assist with Employee Handbook policies, procedures, compliance & reporting – including MIOSHA, EEO, Workers’ Compensation.
- Strong willingness to be a Team Player & work in a cohesive Team environment with both office & field staff.
Seeking mechanics to fill immediate openings at our maintenance garage in Gaylord, Michigan. Experience working on heavy construction equipment and trucks necessary, including hydraulics, diesel engines and electrical systems. The successful candidates will be capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task under pressure and maintain attention to detail. Valid CDL with favorable driving record. Subject to drug screening and random testing. Position offers competitive wages and benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – WOMEN & MINORITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We’re looking for
START YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS TODAY
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
M&M is phenomenal. M&M highly respects their employees and helps them understand why we do what we do.
Every day there’s a new and rewarding challenge that keeps you at the top of your game.
M&M really invests in their employees who work hard and want to improve themselves.
M&M is a family business that provides plenty of training and advancement opportunity.
We all work hard to get the job done fast and get it done correctly. My experience has been amazing.
M&M is truly amazing. They listen to your opinion and encourage you to be better.