As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, we wish to clearly communicate the efforts underway and developing at M&M to protect our workforce, ensure continuity of our operations, and be of assistance to our community.
Like you, we are monitoring the situation closely and adhering to the recommendations of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention), Federal and State Authorities. But most importantly, we are a family business… the health and welfare of our business family is paramount. As such, we are most concerned with safeguarding YOU, our employees and your families. To do this, we plan to maintain operations with the following modifications:
- Our Annual Safety Day scheduled for April 1, 2020 is cancelled. Instead we will provide a remote learning tool to ensure we launch into the construction season with safety at the forefront. More to come on this… stay tuned.
- We anticipate a normal start to the construction season in early April. Some job sites have already begun with other crews being added as needed. Please await a call-back from your Supervisor.
- Field and Shop operations will continue with a recommendation to limit exposure through social distancing – maintaining several feet of separation between one another.
- MDOT has indicated their intentions for normal field operations, however they plan to minimize in-office meetings.
- Like MDOT, M&M is limiting in-office meetings and utilizing teleconferencing and web-based resources as needed for group communications. All visitors will be asked to remain in the waiting area to limit exposure to our office staff.
- Work-related employee travel is being temporarily suspended. Employees are encouraged to also consider limiting personal travel at this time.
To ensure wellness of yourself & others:
- Stay home when you are sick to prevent spreading illness to others. Contact your immediate supervisor to report your absence.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to reduce the likelihood of germs from contaminated surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissues after use.
- Clean your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Practice other good health habits: clean & disinfect frequently touched surfaces (especially cell phones); eat healthy foods; drink plenty of water; allow your body a restful sleep; exercise for mental and physical benefits.
M&M Excavating cares deeply for your health & well-being. If you have questions or need assistance during this unique time in history, please contact Brandie Meisner at 989-732-6277.